Speyside Latin America Industrial Placement Programme
Speyside is a global emerging market public policy and corporate reputation specialist with a 25- year track record helping leading companies and organizations with market entry and growth. With offices across Central & Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia, Speyside provides information, advice, and hands-on support through two interlinking practice groups: Public Policy & Corporate Reputation.
Our Industrial Placement is open to students looking to spend a year of their degree working in Industry and offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience working for a leading communications agency in Latin America. During the placement, you will take on real-work across a range of industry sectors, get continuous professional training from industry specialists and develop a range of transferable skills demanded by employers. Whilst no immediate graduate offer will be made at the end of the placement, truly outstanding performers might be asked to apply for our Fast-Track Graduate Programme depending on any open opportunities.
Our industrial placement Programme has a start date in September or February and typically runs
for 6 to 12 months (we are open / flexible in extending placements to successful candidates).
Candidates typically spend:
• 6 to 12 months in either our offices in Sao Paulo, Brazil or Mexico City with the potential to combine both locations if the student is studying both Spanish and Portuguese
Speyside does not cover accommodation or flights to and from Latin America but will provide for a monthly stipend and any internal regional flights that are part of the industrial placement programme.
What we look for
We look for the following attributes when assessing and selecting candidates:
• You have the initiative to “go beyond” the usual standards of business
• You have a real desire to work in international relations, public policy or communications within diverse markets and functions
• You are able to demonstrate your drive and desire to succeed
• You have the genuine interest in working in other countries and cultures
• You have the ability and confidence to work both independently and part of a small team
• You excel in a fast-paced and unfamiliar environment that can often be unpredictable
• You are expected to gain a 2:1 or above in your chosen degree
• You are studying either Spanish or Portuguese (or both) as part of your degree
• You are eligible to travel and work without any restrictions to the countries involved in the programme
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, we ask all applicants to answer the following questions in no
more than 200 words each:
• Why are you interested in working at Speyside, and how does it contribute to your career plans?
• How does your previous work experience make you an ideal candidate?
• What excites you about working and living in Latin America?
• Give an example of a time when you went beyond what was expected?
Please send your application and CV (email subject: Speyside Industrial Placement – Your Name) to our careers department at email@example.com
If your application is successful, we’ll send you full details of the assessment process that will include a series of interviews, concluding with an interview with the country manager.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our careers department. e countries involved in the programme